Cold weather is here. With the arrival of cold weather, most of us like to have a nice bowl of hot soup when the days are frigid. So, I thought I would share my favorite 3 ingredient egg drop soup recipe with you all.
So, here’s what you are going to need to make this soup.
- 1/4 cup of rice per person
- 1 egg per person
- 1 chicken bouillon per 3 cups of water that you put into your 3 ingredient egg drop soup.
- You will also need a metal strainer.
- First, boil your rice in a pot. Once the rice has boiled to the point that it is soft, then strain it, and set it to one side.
- Put water in your pot again and put your bouillon in to boil. You want the bouillon dissolved before you add your egg in.
- Take your egg/eggs and break them one at a time into a separate container. Once you have verified that none of the eggs are bad, whisk them together in a bowl.
- By this point, your pot should be boiling. Carefully drip the egg into the pot, and stir. You want your 3 ingredient egg drop soup to have the egg freely floating in the soup.
- Last, add your rice into the soup and stir to let it soak in some of the bouillon flavor.
Your 3 ingredient egg drop soup is now ready to be served! One of the things I love about this recipe, is that it isn’t full of expensive ingredients. However, if you want to do a different variation of it, here’s where I found my first egg drop soup recipe.
Enjoy your soup!
Homestead in Health Y’all!
Until Next time,
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes