Sweet Potatoes (GA-202)
Understand and apply information about sweet potato history, how to start sweet potatoes, grow them, harvest them and use them.
- Varieties, tastes and regions Recognize, list, find and describe various types of sweet potatoes.
- You can’t beat growing them yourself! The importance of growing the sweet potato for themselves and get excited about doing so.
- The beauty of the sweet potato Why sweet potatoes are so wonderful.
- Starting Slips – How to start a sweet potato slip and be successful.
- What’s a slip?
- When to start slips
- Important factors in starting slips
- Soil media, Moisture and Light needs
- Preparing the garden space for planting sweet potatoes
- How to Cultivate
- Planting slips
- Maintenance during the growing season
- Saving Roots for “seed”
- Cooking and Eating a sweet potato
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes