Vermiculture, What’s That? (GA-203)
Redworms; what you will learn and be able to do:
- Understand what vermiculture is
- Know how to go about getting redworms
- Know what they are good for and why you would want to mess with them
- Make and be able to maintain your own worm farm.
- Be able to harvest your worms, sell them and ship them
- Know when your worms are over-crowded.
- Places to inoculate with redworms
What you need to be able to make and maintain a worm farm:
- A plastic box with a lid
- Peat moss
- A start of red worms or worm eggs
- Some paper, cardboard and/or food scraps for the worms.
- A way to make some small holes for air
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes
Intro to Vermiculture
Building Your Worm Farm
Maintaining your Worm Farm
Solutions for Challenges Encountered Raising Redworms